Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Day Of Sailing - Sunday, 15 Jun 08

After multiple tries of getting out on the boat with Tim and JoAnn the day finally came. Justin and I joined them for a very nice day of sailing. We went from Jolly Harbour to Deep Bay and dropped anchor so we could enjoy lunch on the deck in still waters before sailing back down to Jolly. According to Tim it was a very weak wind day. Being the wimp that I can be I thought the lean of the boat was plenty in the winds we had.
Yes, I actually did get a chance to help with some of the duties on board. I can't tell you the proper name for what rope I pulled. I just said "tell me what color rope you want pulled or released and I'll do it". I successfully raised a sail or two and brought the main beam across as well. Not yet sailor material, but it's a start.
And of course, there was relaxation time too. No, Justin didn't chill the entire trip, I just happen to be the one with the camera at the moment.
A touch of America in the waters of the Caribbean. Their boat is registered in the U.S., therefore flies our American flag against the beautiful colors of the ocean.

No comments: