Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Historic City of Savannah, Georgia - 28 Feb-2 Mar 08

Since my first visit to Savannah I've looked forward to every chance I get to return and see more. I could spend days meandering through the squares and taking in the history this city has to offer.
The fountain if Forsythe Park is a prominent figure there. Here a touch of the afternoon sun was glistening off the surface as the fountains spouted water in all directions.
Some times the simplest things can be the most beautiful. The intricacy of the iron work here is wonderful, but when viewed with its shadow against the red brick wall it adds a definite punch to something most of walk right by without even noticing.
The stains flowing down the wall from each of the windows adds so much character to the side of this building.
This is me and my very dear friend, Kayla. Part of being in Savannah was to celebrate her birthday as well as her and her husband Joel's anniversary. We had a great time doing that, as is seen here with big smiles and cheerful faces.

No comments: