Sunday, March 23, 2008

Old San Juan, Puerto Rico - Monday, 18 Feb 08

Old San Juan was probably the best part of Puerto Rico. The old castle and surrounding fortifications were in amazing condition. There was a great deal of history in this area.
Here is one of many small spiral stairways that allowed access throught multiple levels of the castle. I really do love experiencing castles of all types. This one wasn't the same as many of those I've seen in Europe, but still a beautiful structure!
Once a week a traditional dance event is presented in the main open area within the castle walls. It was a very colorful and energetic performance. I'm glad timing was ideal to take in this event.
This is just one of the many lookout posts that are repeated along the original city walls. Most of these lookouts are just like this one; protruding out from the wall and overlooking the sea.
I think this is my favorite photo from Puerto Rico. The full moon adds so much to the shot with its position behind the foot of one of the figures of the sculpture and also as casts its glow on the nearby clouds. I wasn't sure what to expect the camera to capture. I'm so glad this shot came out!

1 comment:

Felix Barrientos said...

your favorite photo from puerto rico, i think it is the best shoot from all the pic we took, congratulations!