Monday, October 12, 2009

Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan - "Home Sweet Home" (for a while) - Sunday, 11 Oct 09

There are many tents lined in rows, but none other is like this one because this one is where I live; this is my home (for a while).
The Navy Seabee's have graciously allowed a "foreigner" into their space; which I'm very thankful for because I'd be squeezed in with the Marines otherwise. Seabee's are creative and proud; hence the handle on our door that you see here.
This is my corner of the tent. Not much to write home about (wait, isn't that kind of what I'm doing here). Anyway, now that I've received sheets and a real pillow from friends I'll be able to upgrade from the sleeping bag!!! The simple things can mean SOOO much!! I have no bunkmate so I'm able to spread out a bit and use the top bunk for 'stuff'.


No comments: