Saturday, October 17, 2009

Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan - Outback, Carrabba's, Bonefish Grill - Saturday, 17 Oct 09

Tonight we had a very special treat for dinner! I thought it was only Outback Steakhouse coming in to provide steaks, but when we got inside we saw that they had Outback, Carrabba's and Bonefish Grill entrees!!!
Sorry for the blurry pic - I was taking the shot across the room at the dining facility where they had their Outback Steakhouse banner displayed.
It was so hard to decide what to have because they had several entrees to choose from! I wish they would each come a different night so I could have enjoyed all of it!!!
I decided on the Ribeye steak from Outback, the Tilapia w/ Thermadore Sauce and Bang Bang Shrimp from Bonefish Grill and the Au Gratin Potatos and herb roll from Carrabba's. I'm not sure which one provided the Key Lime pie for desert, but it was scrumptious!! We also had a Bloomin' Onion for everyone at the table!! WAY too much food, but it was delicious!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We have a son, Craig, at Camp Leatherneck and he had great praise for the meal and Outback, Carrabba's, and Bonefish Grill. They happpen to be resturants that we eat at so we are really greatful for their generousity in making these guys time in this hellish place a little more bearable.
Thanks,
Wayne and Barbara Pasanen
Orange Park, FL

Felix Barrientos said...

hey, the food look good, hopefully the taste it is also good,
if you need a spanish chief in there let me know, i will cook spanish meals, :-)
it is always nice to see ur photos,

ffoltyn said...

GREAT PHOTOS!!!! My father just arrived there and he works for Dyncorp. I was wondering what is the internet connectivity like at Camp Leatherneck? Thank you in advance. Frank