Sunday, April 5, 2009

Christmas In Wisconsin - 24-28 Dec 08

After many years of being away from home for the holidays I was able to make a short trip back to Wisconsin this year. Even though I couldn't attend every family function spread out across the weeks before, during and after Christmas I was able to be there for a few.
Rob & Romelle have adopted a unique tradition of placing their Christmas tree outside on their patio. They enjoy it more there through the patio door from the dining room than they would in the family room. I love the idea and as you can see, it makes for a magnificent sight with the northern Wisconsin snow.
Out front the scene is a bit different, with a cheerful snowman to welcome you and bright white lights in the miniature trees that line the entry.
What's one of the best things to get for Christmas?? In my family that would be some hand made chocolates! Here at Dad & Audrey's home that's exactly what I was able to unwrap and enjoy (amongst other goodies too).
During my short five day stay we had two separate snowfalls. The pines behind Dad's house hung low as the snow collected on their boughs.
An old piece of farm equipment sits peacefully covered in fresh snow.

No comments: