Sunday, April 5, 2009

New York, New York, Sunday, 7 Dec 08

In late Nov/early Dec my friend Felix from Spain was visiting the US, where he spent time with friends in New York as well as here in Delaware. I went to New York during that time to see friends I hadn't seen in a long time and to take in a few sights while there. Here are a few shots.
The Chrylser Building lit up for the night. (Sorry for the blurry shot, I didn't have the tripod with me).
New York city as seen from the back of the ferry as it departs from the shore on it's way to the Statue of Liberty.
Statue of Liberty stands tall on a cloudy day with Manhattan in the background.
It was a pretty chilly day in New York, but still worth going out to see our Lady Liberty.
A creation of the weary and wanting as they arrived on the shores of America. This statue stands near the entrance to the ferries that travel to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.

No comments: