Sunday, April 5, 2009

Return To Antigua - 14-21 Feb 08

Less than five months after leaving Antigua the crystal blue waters, light sandy beaches and calming tropical breezes were calling me; I had to go back for a visit. While speaking of the trip within my office a colleague of mine commented "that sounds great, I want to go", so I replied "grab your passport and some $$ and come along" - he took me up on the offer. The week went very quickly, but it was wonderful to see friends and enjoy the island once again!
Not many hours after arriving we made our way to one of James and Mary's famous pizza party's. It was great to see some familiar faces and meet a few new folks too.
I've shown Devil's Bridge to many people as they've visited the island and never once have I been caught in the spray of water that shoots up and over the edge as the sea hits the rocks - until now. Watching those little fishes in the crevices of the rocks that must have been tossed up there by the waters left me a prime target for the "sploosh" that caught me off guard. I was subsequently drenched.
Game Night was a big hit while I was there, so a few of us got together for a pretty rambunctious game of Guesstures one night. Lots of laughs and fun throughout the night. Thanks Barbara for orchestrating that!
Sitting on the sand watching the boats sail by was such a big part of returning to the island. Thankfully Guy (my colleague/friend) was content with most of the same. I did take him around different parts of the island to see some of the sights too though.

Our final day there Mary was able to join in the fun for an afternoon at my favorite beach - Half Moon Bay. If you've seen my blog before you would probably recognize that name from numerous previous posts. It was a great day of fun on the sand and in the surf!

No comments: